Subject: [Leica] Mt. Rushmore
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 17:34:39 -0700

If you live in the US you need to see Mt. Rushmore.? I am not overly
patriotic, but it is a moving place.? In the day time it looks like this.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/mr/Mt+Rushmore-8546.jpg.html

You can hike to the base and look up, and to the gallery where it
explains how it was done, but this trip the trail was closed for
renovations.

But you really need to see the evening event.? It starts out after dark
with a ranger talk that is very good.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/mr/Mt+Rushmore-8573.jpg.html

Then they call for all the veterans to come on stage.? While a vet, I
stayed in the stand to take a few photos. They play the national anthem,
then they take the flag down.? Kind of funny to see them try to remember
how to fold the flag.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/mr/Mt+Rushmore-8578.jpg.html

Then they play a video and turn the lights on the statues.? I stuck
around to let most people leave to get this photo of the lighted faces
with the big dipper above them.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/mr/Mt+Rushmore-8582-Edit.jpg.html
Not sure how this will look as it was only done on my laptop. Looks
pretty good on my laptop.? Hope so on a real monitor.

Then you walk back through the hall of flags, where the state flags fly
in order of when they became states.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/mr/Mt+Rushmore-8590.jpg.html

As I said, a moving experience for even me, who has not been too
patriotic since Vietnam.

Comments welcome

Aram

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Mt. Rushmore)