Subject: [Leica] Leica Worth
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:16:16 -0700

I can add to this discussion wrt what the dealer is offering..... The dealer
( most dealers) will offer between 1/3 and 1/2 what they think they can sell
it for.....
If they think they can sell body + lens for $2,000, an offer of $700 is
about right.

Tamarkin is a pretty big used Leica dealer..... he knows what it is worth on
the open market.   He knows what he wants to make.  And he probably knows,
already, who he will sell it to......

The serial number shows as a Leica III ( not a,b,c, or heaven help my aging
heart, d.)

There is a bit of a premium for S/N that end in lots of zeros.  Bodies as
well as lenses.
Black LTM bodies get a premium.

I know little about the lens on its own.... never owned one, nor waxed
poetic over the image quality.  Others on this list probably can help more,
but if it needs removal of haze, or (whale) oil, or fungus, it is probably
pretty low value.  Repair on the lens is alone $100+++++.

Typical CLA on the LTM body is in the range of $125-250.  There are several
technicians that can do a good job.

If everything was average, requiring a CLA on lens and body, a few hundred
bucks would be my guess as to retail value.... plus maybe more for black and
zeros.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net