Subject: [Leica] AM Ascension Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 22:59:20 -0700

After the Dawn Patrol, if the weather cooperates, is the mass ascension
where up to 600 balloons lift off in about an hours time.? The Green
flag goes up just before sunrise and the field sprouts balloons like
mushrooms.

View them large if you can.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Balloon+Fiesta+AM-9047.jpg.html

As the sun rises, it makes for quite a sight.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9574.jpg.html

With many balloon events, you are relegated to viewing from selected
areas and not allowed to mingle.? At Albuquerque, probably the largest
event in the world, you have free reign to wander wherever you want.?
Just pay attention and let the crews do their thing.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9371.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9396.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Balloon+Fiesta+AM-9106.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Balloon+Fiesta+AM-9105.jpg.html

The people who control this are called Zebras, and they are the ground
flight control people. They do an excellent job.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Balloon+Fiesta+AM-9116.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9388.jpg.html

As the sun rises, the sky fills

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9607.jpg.html

There are many special shapes and they are the popular ones.? And they
come from many countries.? Here is Bavaria's tribute to Vincent Van
Gogh, but he has both ears.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9387.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9414.jpg.html

And I am not sure what this one is.? I think a saxophone.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/AM+Ascention-9400.jpg.html

That's enough for now.? Thanks for enduring all these.

Comments welcome.

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] AM Ascension Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] AM Ascension Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] AM Ascension Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta)