Subject: [Leica] Blurb
From: taylor.r.s at icloud.com (Richard S Taylor)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:10:33 -0400

Like Nathan, I do a yearbook every year, too and have done many others.  I
have found that working with jpg images at 240 ppi yields good results.

In putting the book together I use JPG images printed to file at 240 ppi and
make sure that each photo I use is dimensionally larger (in inches) than it
will appear in the book.  Then InDesign and Blurb somehow work together in
the pre-flight process to adjust the image file to the proper final
dimensional print size (in inches at 240 ppi).

Blurb is helpful in that the pre-flight process identifies any images that
have too low a pixel count to look good before you give them the go-ahead to
print the book.  You can then go back and fix them if necessary.

The software does all the work.  No nasty calculations required.

Back to lurking?

Dick