Subject: [Leica] Sicilian wedding
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:28:34 -0800

We visited Modica, known as a "Baroque" town because it was destroyed by
an earthquake in 1693 and rebuilt in the Baroque style. While there, we
got to see the beginning of a traditional wedding, grandly staged on the
steps of the Duomo of St. Peter.

The groom waits for the bride with his parents at the top of the church
staircase.? Guests arrive and are duly photographed.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/45327125444/in/dateposted-public/>

The photographers wear uniforms of sorts, albeit with sensible shoes,
while the wedding director choreographs the proceedings.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/44235738230/in/dateposted-public/>

The bride arrives with her parents in a classic car.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/45327125274/in/dateposted-public/>

The bride ascends the church staircase with her father, mother and
(probably) brother follow.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/44235737880/in/dateposted-public/>

A closer shot of the "bridal car." Can anyone identify it? (I'm talking
to you, Jim Shulman).
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/45327125124/in/dateposted-public/>

Bonus:? A Sicilian signorina demonstrates the local method of making
chocolate. They say they got it from the Spanish, who got it from the
Aztecs.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/45327123044/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and? 20/1.7 (chocolate) and 45/1.8 (wedding).? The wedding
photos were taken standing on a bench outside the chocolate shop in a
light drizzle, with the camera held over my head. It was worth it.? Enjoy!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Sicilian wedding)
Reply from piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org) ([Leica] Sicilian wedding)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Sicilian wedding)