Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography Today WOW Dr Ted
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:59:16 -0800

George Eastman did the you push the button, we do the rest bit first?yes
technology has improved and like all things rooted in technology, the price
has come down and availability and access to that tech has increased (I
still painfully recall buying a Mac Plus kit in college at the student
discount with 4MB RAM and a Rodine 20GB SCSI HD for something like $2500
(like $7000 today)

The days of traveling photographers taking their buggy and darkroom tent
from town to town passed and the art of photography didn?t die.

Oskar Barnack vastly simplifying photography with a camera 1/3 the size of a
Kodak folder and, gasp, 36 exposures, a rangefinder and soon,
interchangeable lenses did not kill photography

The way people access media and what they pay to access media has changed.
Look at newspaper or magazine circulation. The death of traditional ad
agencies. Books publishers etc. Those are the folk who paid for stock. Who
paid day rates.

Personally I love the light leaks and lomo folk, as they enabled film,
probably my preferred medium to survive until it became hip again. Ignore
their images if you wish, instead, concentrate on

Look at the work folk like Zeb Andrews or Don Ferguson and a hundred others
and keep shooting and creating that record of the ever changing world around
us

https://www.zebandrews.photos

http://www.shadowsmithphotographics.com