Subject: [Leica] Fuji vs Sony question
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 08:24:45 +0800

Hi Aram,

I have very limited experience with the Sony - but for the time I played
with one I didn?t understand or like the menu system.
That?s really all I can say about the Sony.

 I have been using a Fuji digital for several years all the way back to the
Pro X1 and like the combination of menu
and old fashioned dials and buttons. I also like the jpeg film simulations
very much and rarely shoot RAW on the Fuji.

As Philippe mentioned, I have upgraded to the latest XH 1 in order to apply
IBIS to my longer focal length Leica lenses - the 135
Elmar and my favourite 90 Elmarit. I really like the steady magnified image
combined with focus peaking to achieve razor sharp
eye lashes on wide open shots. That is a standard that I have difficulty
achieving on my M10 - due to old eyes and magnified
vibration of longer lenses when using the EVF on the M10.

I don?t use many wide angles on the Fuji - but when I do, in my experience,
the APC size sensor tends to limit the edge and corner distortion
that others report, in varying degrees, on full frame sensors. Speaking of
full frame sensors - knowing that you are a Nikon man - are you considering
either the Z7 or Z6? I have picked up the Kiron Z > M adapter here in Hong
Kong for a friend in Vancouver who has the Z7 and I am looking forward to
seeing the results
when he uses his wide angle Leica  lenses on his Z7.

Just my 2 cents.
Howard