Subject: [Leica] Advantages of M lenses on the SL compared to R lenses? Adapters?
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 22:37:59 -0600
References: <764379042.18398325.1547488589333.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <764379042.18398325.1547488589333@mail.yahoo.com> <4A69BB8F-2AA5-4C78-981A-D27F365AC5E9@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Cc6MUeG6g=ZjSCz9+oOTRSa=oGCVhrpGA=SrVYFeSFkw@mail.gmail.com> <4A072637-88E6-43CC-9344-6D91F2E53F54@att.net> <LO2P265MB12479D9CB6C5026E2F961F43F9810@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <7358AEC8-E1AF-425E-8340-C4DFABE0F51B@att.net> <LO2P265MB1247EE108140B3A4160E4E67F9810@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <E515A2E4-D47D-40AB-BB29-5E14522E4E5C@rabinergroup.com>

Mark, as I understand it the big lenses for compact mirrorless bodies are
big because of the autofocus mechanical innards they require.  I would
enjoy my new Nikon Z6 a whole lot more if I had a much smaller lens to put
on it that would still autofocus and I hope and think that such will be
available in the next little while.

In the meantime in addition to the 24-70 f4 zoom that is a right nice 'kit'
lens I bought the prime 50mm 1.8.  It is no pancake but at least it doesn't
extend itself beyond all propriety and gives me a focal length that brings
back memories of the fifties and HCB.