Subject: [Leica] Blood Moon Eclipse
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:51:13 -0500

Blood moons with or without eclipses I've shot a few times here in NY this
digital decade shooting moons is a thing where people don?t realize how much
light is really coming off the moon. It's pretty darned bright doing a
pretty good job of reflecting light from the sun as Ansel says in his books.
It can easily be done hand held and the moon is not standing still. But
these blood moons especially with the eclipse are quite low light expiries.
A real challenge. Maybe a tripod thing. That?s how I shot it the last time.
And didn't do too well.

Thses shots look great, Howard I was also planning also to shoot it with a
D500 as a Blood Moon eclipse is a sport in some parts. But I was going to do
it anyway as I wanted to see what it can really do. That state of DX.  Was
also curious how it might look at its native top ISO of 51,200 and thought
it might be viable or maybe a viable effect.
I'd guess your ISO on these shots around 400?
I believe like the D300 it replaced it has been used as a general purpose
camera which it was designed for.
But with the freeze I chickened out. I like my fingers and my toes. I may
want to play the piano some day. And my ears. I want it all.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 1/21/19, 11:48 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Excellent!
    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:59 PM Howard Cummer via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/bloodMoonEclipse.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/bloodMoonEclipse1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/bloodMoonEclipse2.jpg.html