Subject: [Leica] Yakima Snows
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 00:13:52 +0000

OK.  I just got to get in on the act.  We had a very mild winter until
February hit us.  The day after the cattle drive photos I posted, we got hit
with a blizzard.  No one is sure how much snow really fell.  Spots were
almost bare and then there were all the drifts.  We had quite the drift
(still do) in our yard.  The wood fence in this photo is 6 feet tall.  The
snow was blowing fiercely so I could only get a few shots before the lens
was covered.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/9w/s/Snowstorm-3152.jpg.html

Front yard not as bad:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/9w/s/Snowstorm-3150.jpg.html

My wife working on the driveway the day after the blizzard.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/9w/s/Snowstorm-0366.jpg.html

More snow:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/9w/s/Snowstorm-0363.jpg.html

Today a little sunshine poked through now and again, while it was still
snowing.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/9w/s/Snowstorm-3173.jpg.html

More on the way all week.  This has been the longest snow in quite some
time.  Been going on most every day for two weeks and the forecast all this
week is for more.  And I was thinking we were not going to have a winter
this year.  I thought the groundhog saw its shadow.

I know others have had it worse.  I grew up in Seattle and I know the hills,
trees (shadows) and wet snow make that city impossible with even a few
inches.  While we have had quite a bit, it has been very cold so the snow is
dry and not that slick.  But it is impossible to make even a snowball, let
alone a snowman.

Comments welcome
Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Yakima Snows)