Subject: [Leica] RIP Don Goss
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:48:32 -0400

I was saddened to learn a few minutes ago that my high school photography
and art teacher, Don Goss, passed away today.

Mr. Goss taught at Elmhurst High School in Fort Wayne for 56 years, retiring
only because the school was closed in 2010. He was himself an Elmhurst
graduate!

I had been interested in photography since I was young, but Mr. Goss
encouraged me to go to art school and make it my life's work. I was just one
of many of his students who went on to become professional artists, and many
of us kept in touch with him over the years. Peter and David Turnley also
took photography from Mr. Goss, back in the 1970s.

This is a photograph that I made of him way back in 1994, when I was a
senior in high school. I snapped it while he was lecturing during class one
afternoon.

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1380

This is the last photograph that I made of him, in 2017:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2759

--

Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography