Subject: [Leica] Tank Man
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 07:47:48 +0200
References: <1484577085.454.1556621772271@wamui-gaston.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <04fc3618-48aa-5dee-c19a-b929e428bba2@iol.ie> <CAH1UNJ02A0JEmaDB6sKvtRVtDQ08-N8Q8hGciZVGJCGU8VqbHA@mail.gmail.com> <LO2P265MB1247AE3FC88B4B837702A389F93B0@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <CAH1UNJ2cWsYvY09k-Ynuu1VJ8j38hcyfw-ZAs1AH95Tbuo5-hA@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-ErOrcTa+noS+PDjc6VqOym7=2RwBs20b+JQazvksn10g@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ2e_PSOovoxBjqT1DafdOJRmEXF1V6zqDdp+4AMc7Fo1Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-G8MRtkD4eOckCrHE0oxPExdXoYGGJr95n0Cdq=FZRyzA@mail.gmail.com>

Actually, Leica?s cowardly reaction (pulling the ad) makes me even less
likely to ever again buy a new piece of Leica equipment (other than the
absurd prices). I hear you regarding the business impact, Jayanand, but with
my background, freedom of speech and democracy which is what the man in the
image is fighting for, are more important than corporate profits.

I was similarly critical of the Danish dairy giant Arla when they took out
apologetic ads in Arab newspapers following the Muhammed drawings crisis in
2005, in order to protect their export of ersatz feta cheese to Saudi Arabia
etc.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman