Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 3/5/2019: a bike ride
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 07:18:48 +0200

We had two public holidays last week: Wednesday was Labour Day, and Thursday
was a local Alicante holiday called Santa Faz. So of course I took Friday
off to create a 5-day weekend. I use the morning to do one of the more
challenging bike rides in the immediate area. The total distance is only 43
km, but those are quality  km, with a lot of climbing. In particular, after
about 20 km there is a climb from Busot, at just over 300 meters, to the
entrance to a cave complex called Cuevas de Canelobre, at 570 meters, over a
distance of about 2.5 km, so the average grade is 8-9%, with sections up to
13%. Fairly challenging, but there are some nice views to be had, in
addition to the sense of accomplishment.

On the way up, I had the mountain on my right. I do not know if the hole
near the top is man-made or natural:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-g8XTpw8/A

At the cave entrance there is a small shop and a bar, and a parking lot. So
I took my Coke break there and looked up?and saw a guy coming down from the
top. Being a bit afraid of heights, I got scared just looking at him:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-97ttxvj/A

Finally, I took a selfie using the 12mm end of my 12-32 lens on the
Panasonic GF1. Not the most flattering perspective, but you get to see me as
an unshaven, sweaty cyclist who is quite happy to be able to climb up here
at the age of 58:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8VbkZrz/A

For the curious, the record of the ride is here:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3614100239

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman