Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Wayback Pix - Three Sun Shots and H&W Control Film Test
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 09:16:59 -0500

I'm still working on my 50+ year photo archive, organizing and scanning.

Here are three photos with the sun from 1968, the year I discovered the joy
of Kodachrome.

The industrial Menomonee Valley in Milwaukee.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Sixties/19681012_MR_Rails_9.jpg.html

A Catholic shrine on the highest hill in SE Wisconsin.  I think it was
hand-held, but for me the drama outweighs the softness.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Sixties/19681022_MR_HolyHill_9.jpg.html

A frozen lagoon next to Lake Michigan and downtown Milwaukee.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Sixties/19681205_MR_Sunrise_3.jpg.html

And from 1972, my first roll of H&W Control Film, a precursor to Kodak's
Tech Pan emulsion.  I shot this with a Pentax 50mm f/4 Macro-Takumar (the
pre-set version that went down to 1:1).  The instructions said it was
suitable for enlarging purposes, and it's what I used until I got an
El-Nikkor.  The pre-set diaphragm was very handy for printing - no
counting clicks after composing on the easel.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Seventies/19721001_MR_H_amp_W_2.jpg.html

Maybe it's spurious resolution, but the micrograph photo seems to show
stripes on the student's sock.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Seventies/19721005_MR_H_amp_W_Micro_11.jpg.html

Alan