Subject: [Leica] Banned Photo
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:33:28 -0700

Tina, your photos are beautiful and contribute to understanding of
humanity in all its richness and variety. You shouldn't have to deal
with this nonsense, and I'm sorry that you do.

The algorithms are crude and tar with a broad brush. And there are some
people who devote their lives to purging the world of some imagined
transgression.? Social media will do anything they can get away with
regarding their monetizing our data, and then some.? But they will also
err far on the side of stupidity when it comes to avoiding legal
troubles or getting blocked in any community or country.? It costs them
nothing, and they can shunt all objections down an automated e-trash bin.

If it's any consolation, Facebook once censored a video of me playing
the "Hallelujah" Chorus, claiming I had violated the copyrights of
George Frederick Handel and the Robert Shaw Chorale. I wrote to them
that the Robert Shaw Chorale did not own the copyright to any
performances other than their own. And that since Handel had been dead
for over 250 years, the music was public domain. I never got a response.
I was able to reinstate the video only by filling out an automated form.
I had to claim that it was my music, and that I had a right to post it.
I figured since the music was public domain, and I am a member of the
public, I was telling the truth.
<https://www.facebook.com/peter.klein.58323/videos/vb.808647747/10155956030122748/?type=3>

--Peter