Subject: [Leica] Banned Photo
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 06:51:35 +0200

Let me contribute a bit (tiny bit) of dissent. Put your self in FB?s place.
They are constantly under attack for spreading hate speech, sexual
exploitation, etc. Given the sheer volume of posts, they probably cannot
spend more than 0.5 seconds on any individual post. So if someone reported
Tina?s photos as "naked children?, what choice does FB have? Either ignore
the issue and risk being tarred yet again as a purveyor of kiddie porn, or
take down the post and risk upsetting a talented artist but otherwise not
incurring any consequences.

I do understand that Tina puts her images on FB because her purpose is to
raise awareness about Honduras and to sell stock photos?and obviously FB is
an important marketing channel for both. I am in the fortunate situation
that I am just a hobbyist not trying to sell anything, so I do not put
anything ?serious? on FB, mostly links to images that I am hosting elsewhere.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain