Subject: [Leica] observation about LUG message traffic
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 06:24:48 -0500

Tina,  it goes beyond being polite.  The problem is that someone makes a
nice post, gets five comments, including some that are in totality,
"Nice".  Then the person sends thanks to all five correspondents.   That
makes eleven emails generated.   If the posting generates a thread then it
becomes far more, and that's OK, because it is constructive.

I'm on several lists, plus I have a good deal of work-related emails, so if
I'm not paying attention, I can easily amass 100 emails a day, not counting
the spam.

I think an off-list "thank you" is good if you aren't answering a question,
or otherwise informing about the image shown.

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/
Natchitoches, Louisiana