Subject: [Leica] My turn at Train Photos
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 20:25:09 +0000

Visited David Young, the Leica Reflex Group fearless leader in Logan Lake
last weekend.  On the way home we stopped in Summerland and rode the Kettle
Valley steam train.  Nice little ride with great scenery.  Breaking in my
photo legs again.

Here is the train in the station before we left:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3637.jpg.html

The conductor helping board.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3640.jpg.html

The engine was hooked up backwards on the way down the grade, so our car
looked directly at the front of the engine,
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3642.jpg.html

Inside our luxury coach, before we took off.  I did fill up about half way
by the time we departed.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3643.jpg.html

Taking our tickets
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3648.jpg.html

At the end of the run, the engine disconnected, and moved to the other side
of the train for the trek back up hill.  Here it is coming alongside our
coach.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3654.jpg.html

It got thirsty on the way back, so needed a drink
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3657.jpg.html

View of the front of the train as we rounded a bend.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su19/c/Kettle+Valley+Railway-3672.jpg.html

It was a fun trip to break up the ride home.

Comments welcome.
Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] My turn at Train Photos)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My turn at Train Photos)