Subject: [Leica] Don Morley on '72 Olympics - Dr. TED
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:20:23 -0700

WELL NOW! MY DAY OF THE '72 Munich Olympics.
It was a day off from the Games for me.
 So the reporter for WEEKEND MAGAZINE and myself drove out to the Dachau
death camp to do a story about it since the war was over. MOST INTERESTING
INDEED. HOWEVER?
Being out of touch with the MUNICH PRESS CENTER ALL DAY, we had no idea
anything had happened until we returned to the big OLYMPICS PRESS CENTRE and
the incredible DOOM & GLOOM ATMOSPHERE to be blown away by what had happened?
By then police and military had things somewhat under control so we weren't
involved at all. Other than finishing off the GAMES, then returning to
CANADA! Thank goodness we've never had any other GAMES TRAGIDIES SUCH AS
MUNICH. It seemed to be the longest flight home in a state of depression and
sadness.
cheers,
Dr. Ted Grant O.C.