Subject: [Leica] Wednesday weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 08:42:49 -0600

Greetings to all.  All the flora has decided that spring is here; so even
weeds are blooming in their bid to procreate before the heat and dry season
comes in June.  First we find some typical ground cover plants that cover
semi shaded areas:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/FD35+groundcover+purple.jpg.html

These yellow plants were in a field that recreates the black clay prairie
which covered much of the central part of Texas and up into parts of
Oklahoma.  Lady Bird Johnson was a proponent of preserving and increasing
those natural areas so we have a wild flower center that is dedicated to
preserving such rarities today.  Their research indicates that the
herbivores the occupy the land change the plant mix so it is a slog to
remove those plants not representative of what is and replace with those
that were there before cattle.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Sigma+14+close+focus+Ladybird+pasture.jpg.html

Ted Turner is doing much the same thing in a very large swath of land
ranging from northern Colorado up into Idaho.  He is possibly the largest
land owner in the US with the exception of the US government.

all the best.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com