Subject: [Leica] Your first Leica
From: aekroehle at gmail.com (Alice Kroehle)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 15:26:52 -0400

Two Leicas -
First was a gift from my aunt, the camera originally belonged to my
grandfather, who bought a new IIIF BD new in 1951/52.
The other is an M2 that was inherited from my dad, who bought it used in
NYC around 1959.  He said he had a IIIC where the shutter broke, and he
took it in to NYC to have it repaired.  A GI had brought the M2 back from
Germany after serving in WW2 and didn't understand the metric on the lens
(it was measured in cm in lieu of inches) and sold it.  My dad was an
engineering student at the time and the repair for the IIIC was roughly
equivalent to the cost of the M2.  For him it was a no-brainer.
I still use both of them.  Not bad for 2 cameras that are 60 - 70 years old.
Still need to post something :(
Alice Kroehle

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Your first Leica)