Subject: [Leica] If Trump wins, he says he will apply a 20% tax on imported goods.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 01:38:08 +0100

I'm in Europe and not in that market right now. Besides I generally buy
secondhand :-) Mind you it's just what we all need - another trade war
with massive knock on effects on all participants. If I was an exporter
from the US, I'd be very frightened.

In Ireland, we're all assuming he's going to win over there. It's all
very sad when one realises that the US led the world towards democracy
in the past, and there so many more capable people in the GOP.? It's a
sad reflection of more than a few factors, including, among many others,
an underfunded US educational system and the mass of its products, a
fractured and biased media, and historically lower voter turnout -
thanks to your two party system and lack of proportional
representation.? It's hard to believe that a washed up 78 year old
serial failure with such a dodgy business background keeps the party of
Eisenhower and Reagan in thrall, despite his history of treachery and
sexual impropriety.

Don't flee your country, stand up and fight.

Douglas