Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm Lens Sharpness
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:42:04 EST

Those lenses were hand-assembled to begin with and are decades old.  It
isn't at all impossible for sample variation to account for unexpected
performance between these two lenses which were both fine, sharp optics
in their day, and are still only incrementally behind their modern
progeny.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:15:19 EST RedDrake@aol.com writes:

>I was testing my early model 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit (not the tele) with M
>mount
>against my late model 90mm f/4 screw mount + adapter. I expected the
>2.8
>to win, but it looks like to me the 90 f/4 Elmar is just a touch
>sharper. How
>can this be?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]