Subject: RE: [Leica] THANKS! From Dr. Blacktape and B.D.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:58:27 -0700

B. D. wrote:

>Thanks, Ted..I should have known..Actually though, I'll presume on your
>patience a moment longer...The Nocti is a bit too much for me...so if it's a
>matter of the two wides or a wide and the 75, I take it your feeling is that
>the 21 is basically unnecessary and the 24 more practical? If that's the
>case, are you one of those who holds that you can use the 24 by just using
>the full viewfinder, rather than the auxiliary?>>>>>>>>

Sorry my friend someone elses advice! Not mine. I'd forget the 24 simply
because if you want wide, you need wide....I'd go with the 21 everytime
over the 24.

My bottom line choice if 4 lenses were involved.....21 - 35 - 50 Noc - 90 apo!

And I bet these are the three you'd end up using 99% of the time!

21 - 35 asph. - 90 apo.  Simply from experience of hanging the 3 sizes
around my neck for a very long time shooting the same things you are at the
moment.

And on the LUG there will be 1199 lens choice combinations presented.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant