Subject: Re: [Leica] Testing Velvia 100F
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:59:08 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, RUBEN BLĘDEL wrote:
> Nathan - Not wanting to sound like an all-Agfa guy but have you tried
> the RSX II slide 100 iso film.  I started using it when I was shoting
> paintings for some of my art books - somehow it was the only film on the
> market that did not have an agressive varm yellow (kodak is almost
> "orange" and fuji tends to overdue almost all colors) with the rsx II I
> was able to make a picture of cool colours from lemon to lime without
> the rest of the colours going stray.

I like it too, Ruben. I tried to catch some of the subtle colors at Skagen
this time of the year (about two weeks ago):

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/ridings/image-55935.html

And the second one after that:

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/ridings/image-55933.html

It doesn't surprize you ... by that I mean, you can pretty much count on
it giving you what you think it will. These are not saturated shots but it
was a "dull" day on a sandy beach ... there weren't a lot of colors to
capture, but I wanted the ones that were there.

I have too many M-bodies (for my needs now-a-days) and I'm thinking about
keeping one of them loaded with this film. (I hear someone in the
background here at home: I thought you didn't need color film anymore now
that you have digital!)

By the way, I used the iso 200 RSX.

Daniel