Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: mobile phones (WAS: Film is not dead!)
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:07:43 -0500

I held out against a cell phone for a long while on principle, and also
because one unfortunate documentary producer of my acquaintance was
forced to conduct an interview with a VIP with the questions being fed
down his ear by the control-freak Executive Producer (who didn't trust
him, but couldn't be bothered to actually get off her ass and do the
interview herself) via his cellphone. I decided I would not put myself
in that position...

However it turned out that living in Toronto but visiting London and LA
frequently made having a cellphone a necessity. It hardly gets used in
Toronto except for "should I buy milk on the way home" but it gets
hammered when I am traveling.

One important feature that few people seem to use is the 'off' button.
It's there for a reason.

John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
http://www.unintended-consequences.com