Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: silver B&W prints from digital
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:03:28 -0500

The catch is the 8MP matrix on the LCD enlarger. While it should be
fine for 8x10 it is going to be struggling to make a decent 12x16,
especially as there is no way of interpolating. I'm assuming that as
your print gets bigger, the pixels get larger.

To be precise, at 300 dpi the 8MP is going to get you an image
dimension of just over 8x10 inches, which is how big most people print
on 11x14 or even 12x16. It would be nice to see some samples at bigger
sizes.

(If I have misunderstood their process from reading their web-page I
might be wrong)