Subject: [Leica] On The Roll
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:35:27 -0500

The final typescript of "On the Road" was produced on a 'sort of'
continuous roll of teletype paper, not toilet paper.  The roll may or
may not be continuous as it is known to have been taped together here
and there.

Single sheets of paper...and bound books for purchase, for that
matter...are a relatively recent phenomenon, dating from about the
second and third decades of the Eighteenth Century.  Jack Kerouac did
have access to single sheet paper.  Bill Burroughs had access to a
Retina and a pistol.  Allan Ginsburg had access to a Leica and the best
minds of his generation.

	Buzz Hausner