Subject: [Leica] Kyle's Book Saves Itinerant Musician's State of Mind
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Dec 13 07:35:29 2007

Folks -

So it seems, I had a gig several weeks ago that was way out-of-town,
although not quite way out enough to fly to (these days I seem to get
whiney if a plane and/or cab doesn't get the transportation deed
done.)  Knew I was in for a bit of a drive so I needed a plan, beyond
catching up on all those CD's that have been lying around.

So, I figured that I'd stop at least once along the way downstate and
"look for America" or some such thing.  Pulled off the highway, shot
exactly 2 things (one dark, one light), high-tailed it back on again.

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/87745839

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/87711298

(Is the shadowy harsh murk a bit heavy-handed in the first snap?? Do
tell...)

Anyhow, the other thing I had in mind to help keep my head on sorta
straight was to find a bookstore in the minor metropolis where my gig
was and buy me that "Armed America" book.  And I gotta say, I really
think it's one of the best photo books I've bought in a long time.

Great work, dude...

Bob Palmieri