Subject: [Leica] printer help
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Dec 21 08:15:11 2007

The tip is this for unclogging the print heads on Epson printers:

Move the head over as if you were changing the ink.  Using a dropper,
saturate the sponge pad where the heads rest with window cleaner such as
Windex.  Let the head return to its resting position and turn the printer
off.  Let it sit for many hours.  12-24 is sometimes needed.  Fire up the
printer and run a nozzle check or a clean to see if you unclogged the head.
If so, you are done.  If not, repeat the process.

Internet says don?t use Windex, but I have used this process many times to
unclog the heads of printers at school what don't get any use over the
summer months.  We bought a bunch of Epson's a number of years ago and
discovered they are not the best printers for school use because of this. We
since stuck with HP because they didn't dry up like the Epsons for some
reason, and if they do, just replace the ink and you also replace the head.

I had over a 90% success rate though some required many soakings.  Better
than throwing the printer out and filling the landfills.  No need to buy a
new printer if the old printer was satisfactory for your needs.

Aram

Aram Langhans
Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photogrpaher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

> From: Ric Carter <ricc@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] printer help
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> what was the tip?