Subject: [Leica] External Hard Drives
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 07:11:50 -1000
References: <CA+yJO1A4FK_+BtV6hLMitRnz=Pg5xJXMdU8xE7sjnKuq4WGK9A@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxsc1gK6eSF2vOhOzrSgWveG-12F3Fy+Tgyc9JWwVBuwBA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Af4A1CfNyruhTwE34CGP=CC+QoWc-KzmipcRhwHpvbYQ@mail.gmail.com> <41c066bc2c1d6285ef9a0a707e6268f1@mejac.carlsbad.ca.us> <CA+yJO1CKY+qBEgDeDdiTHFai6FqSFee1fLmbst+57nhmE9xU8w@mail.gmail.com> <PH7PR84MB31843F81D1FB35C8202B9390B81D2@PH7PR84MB3184.NAMPRD84.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

Aram... Her Drobo HDD system is starting to fail.? The SW part of the boxes
is not getting updates, but Windows is.... A really bad situation which
will get worse. A case where only new HW with attendant SW updates (if only
to respond to what Windows is doing) is really needed.

While reasonably $$$, it is her only option.? A complete rebuild of it all.
Synology NAS, new HDD ( only because it will allow complete system
redundancy until the very last moment, plus it really was cheaper than
getting a second box to hold her current accumulation of small 3-10TB HDD).

As far as the problem with drives changing letters... Drobo is involved, so
I am not sure how they assigned letters/names to HDD.? I do suspect the
problem is rectified as you suggest..... and fixing that would still be a
dead end on unsupported products.? So best to focus on the future.....

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com