To: leica-users
Subject: meters and accessory feet
From: Michael R. Volow <ecsvax!mvolo@uncecs.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 10:53:57 -0400

I ofter use the shoe-mount meter on my M2; but for bw or color neg stuff I
tend to rely on an old meter (Sekonic L28C2 selenium). Occasionally I use
an old Metrastar (18 degree CDS reflected and incident, made by the same
folks who make the Leica meter).

What I would really like if for someone to make a new accessory foot for the
MR4 meter that would piggy-back a second accessory foot about 7mm above the
MR meter. That piggy-back shoe could then hold a viewfinder or a flash.
Any interested machinists out there?

Of course an M6 would avoid all these problems. But then you have to contend
with seeing multiple framelines through the viewfinder. It's time Leitz
put in a variable view finder, kind of like the Canon 7 and 7s. Maybe in the
M7?