To: mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow)
Subject: Re: Canon 19mm rfdr lens, ?shade for
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 92 19:15:36 PDT
Cc: leica-users

I have a Canon P (Leica screwmount clone) and I was ogling this lens
once, back in 1975. At that time I'm almost certain that the lens I was
contemplating buying had a Canon shade with it. Since I didn't buy it,
I didn't get a chance to develop any film to see if the shade occluded
slightly, but it was shaped wierdly enough.

On a 19mm lens a shade really doesn't buy you much, though. There
aren't many angles from which the sun can hit the lens but from which
the light does not hit the film. It's about 10 to 15 degrees.