To: leica-users
Subject: Canon 19mm rfdr lens, ?shade for
From: mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 21:42:43 -0400

Is anyone familiar with the Canon 19mm f3.5 screw mount lens? I'm trying to
locate a shade for the lens. Does anyone familiar with the lens know if a
custom shade existed? If not, the filter thread size is 55mm. Anyone know of
any shades for 19-21mm lenses that have a 55mm thread? I've tried a couple of
metal ring/rubber shades, but even with the wide angle ones, the filter ring
vignettes slightly. Thanks in advance. As I'm sure you're aware, I use the
lens with a Leica adapter on my M2. The reason for the shade is that  the
lens has a bit of flare (1967 pre-multicoating days).

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: Canon 19mm rfdr lens, ?shade for)