To: liang@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Chuck Liang)
Subject: Re: More on what to get
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 92 21:35:23 PDT
Cc: leica-users

The Minolta version of the Leica CL, which sold as a Minolta CLE, is
in my opinion a lot more rugged than the Leica CL. I used to have one
of each, but I gave the Minolta to my brother for a wedding present
(the same brother who dropped my Hi-matic 7 into a river).  I gave him
the Leitz 50mm and a Minolta 90 and Minolta 35. It's a dozen years
later and

I've had a lot of trouble with the rangefinder on my Leica CL. A
reasonably small impact knocks it out of vertical alignment.
If the Minolta CLE were still available, anywhere, I'd recommend it
highly. Heck, if I had any money left, I'd probably buy one.