To: liang@saul.cis.upenn.edu, reid
Subject: Re: More on what to get
From: David.Bernard@Central.Sun.COM (Dave Bernard)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 07:57:24 EDT
Cc: leica-users

Along the lines of what Brian said, I 've heard that the Leica CL
is the black sheep of the family.  Supposedly it was plagued by
things like erratic rangefinder allignment, and the flipping
meter flag getting loose.  I've also heard that the CLE was much
improved (no flapping flag, for one).

Still, the CLs aren't exactly cheap when you look for a used one.
If it says "Leica," read "$$$" (inter alia).

Some of the fixed-lens rangefinders were offered with accessory lenses
which screwed into the filter thread.  These sacrifice quality for
expediency.

	Dave

Replies: Reply from James J Dempsey <jjd@spserv.bbn.com> (Re: More on what to get)