To: jack@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk, leica-users
Subject: Re: Canon rangefinders
From: Michael R. Volow <ecsvax!mvolo@uncecs.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 92 11:09:17 -0400

In this thread, someone mentioned wanting a larger viewfinder body for his
Leica
Leica screw-mount lenses, and suggested a Canon 7 or 7s. While I like the
Canon 7 and 7s, screw-mount-to-M-mount adapters work quite well. I would not
hesitate to utilize screw-mount lenses on M bodies in this way. It is possible
to find user-appearance M bodies in the $400 or less price range. I have looked
through a lot of different rangefinders, and the Leica M brightness and clarity
of the focussing spot seem to be the best. Even the better Canons don't seem to
be as clear and bright.