To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M5
From: gang@mtdcr.att.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 17:53 EST

>Has anyone used/purchased a well worn M-series Leica. Are their problems
>that one should look for?. I seem to remember that the M6 was designed for
>250,000 exposures, which if true would probably last the average

One thing to look for is the whether the camera is used with a winder. On
M4, M4-x and M6 (I don't know about other Ms) you can check if the fork on
the bottom of the film takeup spool is shiny and worn, which usually indicates
that a winder has been used and lots of frames have gone through it.
Personally, I would not by a well used camera from a pro.

Gang
gang@mtscr.att.com