To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M5
From: nonnecke@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca (Blair Nonnecke)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 09:29:13 +0000

On Mon, 14 Feb 1994, Stephane TSACAS wrote:

> I live in France where the Leica M5 can be bought between 4000FF and
> 6000FF (US$ 650 - $1000).  I'd like to know what are the prices in the
> USA and in Europe.

I wonder what kind of an M5 you will get for $650. At that price range you
tend to get heavy external wear, i.e., exposed brass and crushed corners.
I purchased a used M5 about 18 years ago and never had a problem with it,
however, it was in very good condition.

Has anyone used/purchased a well worn M-series Leica. Are their problems
that one should look for?. I seem to remember that the M6 was designed for
250,000 exposures, which if true would probably last the average
photographer their whole life. I am having great difficulty in wearing mine
out.

--Blair--