To: Edward Gosfield <gosfield@wal6000a.udc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: M4-X frame lines
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 22:22:44 -0500 (EST)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I believe that the M2 and all versions of the M4 have same magnification
and same degree of eyeglass relief. Your might try getting a diopter so
that you don't need your glasses. They are not very easy to find
(Tamarkin-cf Shutterbug) and a bit pricy ($60). The M6 has slightly less
magnification than the M2/M4 so that the 35mm frameline does not go clear
to the edge of the finder (this is to make room for the 28mm
frameline).

Tue, 6 Dec 1994, Edward Gosfield wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 13:09:52 -0500 (EST)
> From: Edward Gosfield <gosfield@wal6000a.udc.upenn.edu>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: M4-X frame lines
>
> I use an M3 and 50mmDR summicron, and i'm interested in using a 35mm
> lens.  I have tried the 35mm lenses with eyes, and don't like the viewer
> due to distortion and weight.  I am contemplating a second M body.
>
> As an eyeglass wearer, I have been unsuccessful with the M2, which does
> not have enough eye relief for me to see the entire 35mm frame.  Of the
> M4s available, the M4-p seems to be the cheapest used, with the M4-2
> next.  I have original literature on the M4, but not the others.  Can
> someone tell me what the finder frames are for the M4p and M4-2, and if
> they have any experience of use with eyeglasses.
>
> thanks
>
> ted gosfield
> gosfield@udcemail.udc.upenn.edu

Michael Volow, M.D. (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Department of Psychiatry, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933