To: Edward Gosfield <gosfield@WAL6000A.UDC.UPENN.EDU>
Subject: Re: M4-X frame lines
From: Charles Albertson <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 22:32:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

The basic difference between the M4-2 and the (later) M4-P is that the
M4-2 has finder frames for 35/50/90/135, while the M4-P added frames for
the 28 and 75. The M6 has the same finder frames as the M4-P. I wear
eyeglasses, and while the 35 frame lines are reasonably visible in the
viewfinder, the 28 frame lines are not; also, the lens hood protrudes
into the field of view quite a bit. For that reason, I use the 28mm
accessory viewfinder that clips into the hot shoe. Look for one used --
the new ones are *not* cheap (circa $300). It's also a good idea to shim
the foot of the bugger with masking tape, to ensure a snug fit in the hot
shoe.

Regards,

Chuck Albertson
Seattle