To: gosfield@WAL6000A.UDC.UPENN.EDU
Subject: Re: M4-X frame lines
From: d91-kpe@nada.kth.se
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 94 09:41:15 +0100
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Hi Ted (and all other Leica users),

The M4-P does not have any self timer. Where the self-timer should
be is just an empty compartment. This compartment was intended for
the M6 battery compartment. As I know the M4-P is just a pre M6,
they are almost identical - except the exposure meter in the M6. I
myself is using an M4-P and I agree, sometimes I would like to have
a built in self timer. I have bougt a separate self timer which is mounted
directly in the release socket. The size of the the timer is about
the same size as the leica-meter (actually it is smaller). I bougth
this timer some years ago in a shop in Scotland. The timer is intended
for use with old "pre-video" film-cameras. Perhaps they are hard to
find, but try some second-hand-museum-like-photo-shop !

Regards   Klas Persson, Stockholm, Sweden
          d91-kpe@nada.kth.se

! one more question:  does the M4-P have a self timer?  I really like the
! self timer on my M3, and use it every time i have the camera on a tripod,
! instead of having to use a remote release cord.
!
! ted
! gosfield@udcemail.udc.upenn.edu