To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: to buy leica for a reasonable price
From: Francesco Ricci <ricci@irst.it>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:02:08 +0200 (MET DST)

henk thijs wrote:
> Lucky you, i do not know what is meant by 'shutterbug' prices, but generally
> speaking, prices in europe are more or less the same over the different
> countries: very high. Even the people who are selling their equipment
> directly know the prices very well.
> But my main concern towards the 'easy way of finding leicas against a reasonable
> price ' is the thing of lenses; what about a 'normal' 28 mm , or a 60 mm
> macro? I would say that the body is the minor problem, an M3 in a good shape
> can be found around 650 dollar and the R3 even for about 400 , but the lenses
> stays on a very high price level. Different in America ?

I agree with you. I bought my R4s, that has been working fine since I
got it, at a reasonable price (500 $). But for my three wonderful
lenses (summicron 35/2, elmarit 90/2.8 and elmar 180/4) I paid a lot.
Usually lenses can be bought with a little saving directly from
privates. Markets are usually expensive and some shops have better
prices.

I've frozen my desire to own a leica M to a future richer time.

cheers

francesco ricci