To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: More on Summicrons
From: BillDan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 14:51:37 -0500

Here are a couple comments from people on Compuserve:

read

Which message(s) # (or ALL)?! all

CompuServe Mail

From:  Don Hinds [Point & Shoot [76004,612]
Sb: Summicrons

Well the barrell of the collaps is fairly slim. So I imagine the elements on
that are smaller than the rigid..  My Collaps came in last after a DR, 2 Xenon
 and 2 Xenar (Retina Reflex).  All same subject at same time..

            Don
---
Summicrons
Fm: Harold Merklinger [72643,2012]
Bill,

        If one studies the Leitz literature he will indeed find two lens
diagrams for the 50/2 Summicron.  The earlier collapsible lens has a uniform
air space between the third and fourth elements, counting from the front
surface.  The later rigid lens has a 'lens-shaped' space in that location.
 The folks at Leitz never openly distinguished between the two designs, but
one can speculate why: