To: "Fred N. Ward" <fred@csgi.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Minolta 28/2.8 M lens
From: Charles Albertson <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 21:56:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: hisashi@lpd.sj.nec.com, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, jeff@eng.umd.edu

On 31 Oct 1995, Fred N. Ward wrote:

> I'd like to hear more from anyone with serious comparisons to make regarding
> the 28 and 40mm Minolta CLE lenses.    I still have mine, as well as the
> Leitz 40mm lens on a CL, and I never thought the 28mm lens was all that
> contrasty.  I used to think the 90mm Leitz lenses for M cameras were the most
> contrasty I ever owned.  I thought the CLE was a steal... a genuine bargain.
> Lots of features, great size, compatable with Leitz lenses, etc.....    and
> mine never game me a day of trouble.

	I have a Minolta 40mm on my Leitz-Minolta CL, and it's an
excellent lens, though it has more contrast than any Nikon lens I use.

> There is now this battery issue.... and what is the correct word on batteries
> for the CLE.  Who sells them now???  Are they difficult to get.  The ones in
> mine are still reading, but I should know how to find replacements when I
> need them.

They're still available in some states (including Washington, the last
time I checked). I have a couple squirreled away in the fridge. Also, I
hear Leica USA can adjust your meter to the different voltage of the
alkaline version of the same-size batt.