To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Do I need a mirror-lock?
From: Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:11:00 -0800

     Joe,

        I don't have a Leica R body, I have M bodies.  But I think it's
     great that you want to come here.  Anything Leica should be discussed.

        Anyway, I know that this may be sacriligious on this group...but,
     on my Nikon SLRs I have used mirror lock-up for two purposes.  The
     first is for really exacting copy work and the other is for
     significantly long astronomical exposures.  The mirror lock up is very
     handy in this situation.

        Hope that this helps.

     Pablo
     pmendoza@ucsd.edu