To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, DFeldman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Buying a M6
From: Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 16:51:00 -0800

     David,

        I used to live in Davis, CA and I know the dilemma you face.  There
     is only one dealer in Sacramento and he is really interesting to deal
     with.  I used to drive down to the Bay Area and dealt with Keeble &
     Shuchat in Palo Alto and Adolph Gassers in the City.  Keeble and
     Shuchat are really good people to deal with and have a pretty good
     collection of user Leicas.  If you are into Leica history, they have
     a wonderful display case of Mr. Shuchat's collectible Leicas.  Adolph
     Gasser's is the professional photographic center in town.  They are
     just a few blocks from Moscone Center.  They also are the local
     co-sponsors of Vis Comm West, held every year in the city.  Give them
     a look, they usually have some good stuff out for sale.  Both of these
     places are pretty reasonable in cost.

        Since you live in the Sacramento Area, why don't you keep your eye
     out for the San Jose Show.  This photographic show is held at the San
     Jose fair grounds every February and August.  A lot of dealers who
     list in Shutterbug are there.  It is the largest show of its kind on
     the West Coast.  I remember picking up a 28 mm Leitz viewfinder there
     for $75.00 from a private individual at that show.  You might have
     luck there.

        Of the dealers that I have dealt with by mail order, my best luck
     has been with Jim Kuehl in Des Moines, IA.  While I was in Grad
     School, he let me purchase a Minolta 28 M-Rokkor in installments ($295
     in 1987, those were the days for Leica collecting).  He is listed in
     Shutterbug, usually opposite of Don Chatterton's ad.  Jim Kuehl was
     one of the Midwest Leica sales reps before the reorganization in the
     early Eighties.

        Hope this helps.  Good luck.

     Pablo
     pmendoza@ucsd.edu