To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Re: Slide film tests
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 07:28:08 PST

** Reply to note from msmall@roanoke.infi.net 11/24/95 10:04am -0500

> The company is still very much named Ilford -- no change there!

No, I meant it is no longer Cibachrome. It's not Ilfochrome, improved, but
still the same stuff mostly.

> Anyone who does home colour printing can certainly do Ilfochromes -- in
> fact, they're a lot simpler.

Ah, but they are not simpler to do well. They are great, but still the
glossy is very contrasty, often calling for contrast masks. I was talking
about the highest attainable quality in printing, when I was talking about
Portland Photographics. Many National Geographic photographers have their
exhibits printed there.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR