To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: R7, R5, RE
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 07:38:43 PST

** Reply to note from Joe B. <Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> 11/24/95  7:24pm +0000
> Is there anything I should look out for in a used R7? Or are they
> all exactly the same and equally good?

Joe,

There is no variations, at this point, anyway. Any R7 is like every other one.
The best SLR Leica has ever made. You have to look out for less than with any
other camera. Just make sure you get a very good flash. Metz worked fine for me,
but practice with the fill flash in different lighting before going out and
making money with it. It takes some learning. I was used to Vivitar 283s before
I got a Metz for the R7, so I'm atypical. I even had to learn some things before
I got good with my 540EZ on my EOS1n.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR