To: reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: fred@csgi.com (Fred N. Ward)
Date: 28 Nov 1995 08:50:19 GMT
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Brian,

Some of us feel you're right on target. Keep it up. This can be a fine,
informative list. All it needs is just a little common sense and a bit of
control.

As a professional magazine photographer for more than three decades (mostly
for National Geographic), my interest in Leicas was and is as a user and not
a collector. But, having held onto the early ones I used to make pictures, I
suppose that technically makes me a collector too. Certainly I have more
Leicas on the shelves than I use making pictures. Still, my main interest is
in photography and not collecting.

That said, I do not mind reading a bit here and there from or about
collectors. That is not the basis of all the misdirection on here recently. I
would not like to see two lists.... users and collectors.  But, as you, I
would like to keep the group focused and have it deal on here with Leicas as
they are used in photography.

The discussion can drift a bit one way or the other without bothering me too
much, but if it goes on for days with misinformation about film, Leitz
ownership, and the worst kinds of speculations about which lens is sharpest,
then I at that point also drift.

I believe the very best thing you can do is just what you did.... send a
gentle reminder every now and then about the purpose of the list.

Thanks,    Fred

     Sent via digitalNATION Online Services    http://www.dn.net
     Provider of Internet Access & Highspeed Web Server Services
       Specializing in WWW Solutions for Commerce & Enterprise
      ph:(703) 642-2800   fax: (703) 642-0516 email:info@dn.net